Jeff Pearson is a well-known world record holding Strongman competitor, who we are beyond excited to be welcoming to the Inner Beast CrossFit team as a Strongman coach.
Strongman classes are every Saturday at Noon, and are open to IBCF athletes. The first Strongman class is free to attend for anyone, even those who have tried CrossFit at IBCF before.
To learn more about Jeff, we asked him a few questions.
How did you get started doing Strongman training and competing?
"I started lifting when I was 16, to try to get bigger and stronger. I lifted off and on up until 4 years ago, when I became focused on my goal of training for powerlifting and strongman.
How long have you been competing?
"I have been competing now for three years in strongman and powerlifting."
Do you hold any awards/titles?
- APA Federation (Weight Class : 308 lbs) world record drug tested raw squat at 804.7 lbs and world record drug tested raw total at 1945.6 lb
- Hardcore Powerlifting Federation (Weight Class : Above 301LBs) 5th highest squat at 805 lbs, the 25th bench at 435 lbs, the 15th deadlift at 710 lbs, and the 5th total at 1950 lbs.
- Powerlifting Watch (Weight Class : 308 lbs) 11th highest squat of all time for America at 804 lbs and the 20th highest total at 1945 lbs.
- Qualified for Nationals, 3 years in a row
- Won "Washington's Strongest Apple" (Weight Class : 300 lbs)
- Competed at the San Jose Fit Expo
What made you decide to try CrossFit?
"I got into strength athletics because I have always loved competing and making myself as strong as possible. I added some CrossFit into my training in the interest of improving my endurance and speed to make me a more complete athlete."
What is your favorite part of coaching?
"My favorite part of coaching is to watch people become stronger not just physically, but also mentally. I'm all about making people stronger on the inside and out."
What goals do you have for next year?
"My current goals for 2015 are to get my pro card in strongman and to set the all time world record for the 308 raw drug tested class in powerlifting by squatting 850 lbs. I am also planning on setting the all time highest total in drug tested powerlifting by totaling 2250 lbs."
What is something interesting about yourself?
"I am currently in the last term of getting my BA in philosophy. I also plan on continuing on to get my paralegal certification, and ultimately going to law school."